Your gifts help older people in our community remain in their own homes with the help they need. Thank you for building an elder-friendly Key Peninsula!
A great way to help is to make monthly, recurring gifts to The Mustard Seed Project. Giving this way allows you to make a significant contribution to our work in a relatively painless way. For example, a monthly gift of $41.67 adds up to $500 over the course of year!
In addition to making a gift directly by check or credit card, there are other ways to make a gift.
Make a Tax-Free Distribution to The Mustard Seed Project from an IRA
The IRA Charitable Rollover allows you to a make tax-free charitable gift from your IRA to The Mustard Seed Project without claiming any increased income. And, your gift counts towards your minimum distribution requirement.
These rollovers particularly benefit people who do not itemize on their federal income tax return and those who do not need the income from their minimum required distribution (MRD). The basic facts regarding the IRA Charitable Rollover are:
- Donor must be at least 70 1/2 years of age.
- Donations of up to $100,000 from an IRA made directly to charitable organizations are not included in taxable income.
- Donations count toward donor’s Minimum Required Distribution
Simply ask your IRA administrator to make a charitable distribution from your individual retirement account to The Mustard Seed Project. The Mustard Seed Project’s tax ID number is 61-1537566.
Gifts of Appreciated Stock
The Mustard Seed Project accepts stock through its account at LPL Financial. The account name is “The Mustard Seed Project” and the account number is 6918-2139.
- Todd Rosenbach (253-884-4787) is the Portfolio Administrator for our account. Please have your stockbroker call Mr. Rosenbach when you transfer stock so that LPL Financial is alerted to expect it. You or your broker can also call him for assistance when making the transfer.
- Once the transfer has been initiated, please let Edie Morgan, Executive Director of The Mustard Seed Project know either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (253-884-1205).