We are a 501(c)3 community based non-profit organization, dedicated to building an elder-friendly Key Peninsula. Our small, friendly organization is looking for someone with talent, experience and heart to join us as we continue making a difference in the lives of older adults and their families. We rely heavily on our local volunteers, and seek a candidate who understands the essential value of these relationships.
NOTE: we prefer a candidate with personal knowledge of our unique rural community.
Current opening is 30 hours/week non-exempt position, with occasional evening/weekend projects required. This position is responsible for recruiting, coordinating and supporting volunteers and programs/projects of The Mustard Seed Project.
- Engage the community to participate in The Mustard Seed Project mission as volunteers
- Develop and implement specific strategies for the continual recruiting of volunteers through means such as public speaking, community education, and individual relationship building
- Intake, support and retention of volunteers through The Mustard Seed Project’s Community Volunteer Network program including training, scheduling, and recognition
- Conduct site visits/assessments for potential projects and identify/develop scope of work needed
- Assist in scheduling, supervising, training and maintaining volunteers for organizational events/projects
- Facilitate partner/larger group volunteer projects (sometimes on a weekend)
- Enter volunteer information into database
- Keep volunteer files updated and organized
- Conduct volunteer interviews and training
- Send “thank you” and birthday cards/gifts to volunteers
- Track volunteer hours, run monthly data reports
- Strategize, plan and coordinate volunteer involvement in fundraising programs and events
- Participate in weekly staff meetings •
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- General errands as needed
- Minimum 2 years volunteer recruitment and/or volunteer management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline sensitive environment
- Ability to prioritize and to be flexible, while maintaining appropriate boundaries and policy standards
- Demonstrated diplomacy and excellent, effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong planning and project management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Strong group presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated computer skills using MS Office – including Word, Excel, Publisher
- Database experience preferred
- Ability to coordinate input and requests from different departments
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 25 lbs • Ability to work occasional weekends and/or evenings
Please demonstrate your interest in this position by sending your questions, resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. No phone calls will be accepted.
compensation: $14 -$18/hr DOE