A new website is coming for The Mustard Seed Project!!
While our website is under construction, our office remains open and we continue offering our many programs serving elders on the Key Peninsula including:
- Transportation to medical appointments, shopping, and other vital destinations
- Information and referrals to a variety of essential resources
- Supportive visitors
- In-home volunteers for household and yard work
- Educational workshops that promote healthy aging and awareness of important resources
- Advocacy…and more!
Office Location: 9013 Key Peninsula Highway North, Suite D, in the Key Center Corral
Mailing Address: PO Box 182, Vaughn, WA, 98394
Office Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
Capital Campaign – Assisted Living and Gathering Place
At the Mustard Seed Project, we are taking our commitment to the next level by building the first senior housing on the Key Peninsula. We will give elders the best quality of care while enriching life in Key Center for all and creating new jobs in our community.
Our ambitious vision is a multi-faceted campus that will include innovative housing for elders, gardens, walking paths, a community gathering place, a cafe, and all of our existing services. A key component of our vision is inclusion of elders of varying means and abilities.
After years of dreaming, our vision is becoming a reality. We have officially acquired the land, and have launched a $2.5 million dollar capital campaign to raise the contributed funds necessary to make this uniquely meaningful project a reality for the Key Peninsula.
TMSP served 802 individuals in 2015, providing nearly 4,500 instances of service. We have experienced an average growth rate of 25% in requests for service over the past several years. Seniors want to remain in their community, but too often must leave the Key Peninsula when they can no longer live safely in their own homes.
It is exciting, and rare, for one project to provide positive impact on so many levels. By addressing the critical need for senior housing in our community, we have this extraordinary opportunity to:
- Give elders the choice to remain in the community they know and love
- Allow family members and lifelong friends to remain close to one another
- Draw upon the best national models for elder care (including the Green House Project)
- Create nearly 40 new jobs in our community
- Open a cafe and community gathering place that adds great vibrancy to Key Center life
- Increase access to quality care, and also promote equity for elders of all backgrounds
If you have questions about the campaign, please contact Edie Morgan, our Executive Director, at 253-884-9814.
We look forward to sharing more detailed information and updates with you as this project comes to fruition!